Today, many portable generators are categorized into two main types, Inverter, and conventional generators, which use different fuels. Some work in cooler climates and are more efficient, while others require more energy yet can work under harsher conditions. Today we are discussing how strong portable generators are and if you need one in your home as a backup generator system.
The Ability Of Portable Generator
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of portable generators and whether you should consider them for your home.
Pros of Portable Generators
- Traditional portable generators can be handy for lighting an entire section of your home or a portable container.
- Inverter generators offer the clean electricity required for more delicate equipment like cell phones.
- While some are portable enough to carry around with handles, others require wheels or tires to move them around.
- Each portable generator includes a low oil shutdown function that shuts off the machine when it detects its fuel supply is running low.
- Portable generators come with CO-detection shutdown technology, which keeps turning the machine off if it detects harmful carbon monoxide levels in the air. It can operate for 12 hours at 50% load.
- In most cases, Portable generators are used on construction sites to power working lights and other functional equipment, including table saws, compressors, and belt sanders.
Cons of Portable Generators
- Although portable generators are typically straightforward, it’s necessary to follow a few basic safety precautions to help avoid certain common risks.
- Increasing power requirement causes the portable generator to become bulky, needing large tires for mobility, causing a rethinking of their usefulness.
Based on the above pros and cons, buying a portable is futile if you don’t need to carry around your generator, and a stationary generator is much better. Even a minimum kW of 7.5 is enough for your home.
Where To Buy a Strong Portable Generator?
Ohio Generator Systems offer home backup power solutions to make you comfortable, leading to the development of better technologies that are good for both the environment and the users. OGS operates following its corporate values to offer a quick, efficient, and safe alternative to conventional electricity sources.