Generators have changed how people live their lives since generators were able to produce electricity, making many labor-intensive tasks automated. Electric power now allows us to power devices that help us communicate through long distances and completely change how we move. In this article, we will discuss some well-known facts about generators.
- The First Generator – The first generator was an electrostatic generator invented by Otto von Guericke that generated electricity through friction. Scientists used it for over 150 years to experiment with electricity production.
- Electro Magnetic Generator – In 1831, Michael Faraday discovered the modern generation of electricity. He observed a magnet moving in and out of a coil wire. With significant improvements and innovations, and the addition of a grid system, we can supply electricity to the whole country.
- Modern Generators – The same electricity generation concept is, in one way or another, being employed in Nuclear power plants and Wind turbines.
- AC and DC Generators – Generators can now produce Direct and Alternate current depending on their design that powers different machines and serve different purposes.
- World’s Largest Generator – We can find the largest generator in China. It can produce 22,500 MW of energy while a simple home backup generator can produce 7.5-24 kW of power. Chinese powerplant produced about 10,00,000 home generators worth of electricity.
- Fuel for Generators – Many different fuels like petrol, diesel, natural gas, biogas, wind power, and even solar power can power electric power generators. Several generators can use any of these fuels.
Which Generator is Best for Your Home?
After learning these facts about generators, instead of going through all the calculations and math number churnings, you can contact an expert from Ohio Generator Systems and get a free estimate. They are the best in estimating, installing, startup and emergency services and maintenance schedules for the Ohio region.